If you run Chrome or Firefox or any other of the popular browsers you can do a few things to the settings in order to keep your data a little more private.
I’m talking more specifically about Google Chrome right now, but the same concept applies to all.
Here’s some settings to look for:
- Turn off sync and services
- Turn off offer to save passwords
- Turn off payment methods
- Turn off Addresses and more
- Turn off allow Chrome Sign in
- Turn ON Do Not Track
- Turn off Allow sites to check for payment methods
- Turn off Preload Pages
- Site Settings – Notifications – Do not allow any sites to use notifications or prompt for them
These are just a few of the settings you can use to your advantage with any browser. Just make sure you check all your settings before using a specific web browser.